Silicone Products for RV Living
RVing seems to be all the rage right now, and I’m here for it! As of this year my husband and I own and travel in an RV. Whether you are in an RV full time, part time or just for a weekend trip, there are many essentials. Here is a list of my favorite silicone products for RV living.
RV Travel + Pets: Life on the road is better when your pets can come with you! We travel with two medium sized dogs (Blue Heelers) in a small 25-foot RV, so we need pet products that keep our pups comfortable and our environment mess-free!
- Ono Suction Pet Bowls: Ono pet bowls are a game changer in a home on wheels. They are an all-in-one mat + bowl that captures your pet’s mess. The mat grips to the floor of your rig, making it difficult for paws (or speed bumps) to tip it over and spill. This means you can actually have a water bowl (that won’t slide around) available for your pet while you drive! This is critical for our older dog who gets carsick and takes nausea medication, which means he requires constant access to water. Ono products have made traveling with our pups so much easier! You can purchase single bowls or double bowls (for water + food) in a variety of colors to match your RV aesthetic.
RV Travel + Cleaning: It’s hard to find cleaning tools that are compact, easily accessible, affordable and (most importantly) won’t shift around when driving in your motorhome. Look no further than the Mushroom Sponge!
- Mushroom Sponge: The Mushroom Sponge is made of 100% food grade silicone, which has a non-porous surface to inhibit bacterial growth. The head of the sponge features small bristles to scrub away food and debris (but won’t scratch your RV sink or countertop). The head is also flexible and bends to fit in tight spaces, which helps with washing small-scaled RV cookware. Finally, the mushroom sponge has a sturdy handle that suctions to keep it in place after use. I tend to suction it next to my faucet or in my sink for easy access. Spoiler alert… it stays put even after a long day of driving! The Mushroom Sponge comes in gray, sage and sienna, so you are sure to find a shade to fit your RV color palette.
RV Travel + Kids: In the confined space of an RV, children are more likely to knock over plates, bowls, utensils and cups. You can reduce the mess by using food grade silicone products that suction to the surface.
- Plates: The ezpz Mini Mat (for infants + toddlers) and Happy Mat (for older toddlers + preschoolers) are all-in-one placemat + plates that suction to the table, which means they capture the mess and reduce tipped plates.
- Bowls: The ezpz Tiny Bowl (for infants), Mini Bowl (for toddlers) and Happy Bowl (for older toddlers + preschoolers) also suction to the surface and easily stack in RV cabinets. I personally use the Happy Bowl for snacks while I’m working on my laptop and my husband is driving. It’s a perfect way to multitask and not worry about the bowl sliding across the table and making a mess.
- Utensils: The non-slip silicone grip of ezpz Tiny Spoons (for infants) and Mini Utensils (for toddlers) help make movements to the mouth more successful. They also help decrease accidents caused by using hard plastic or metal utensils while driving.
- Cups: Using open-cups and straw cups made of soft silicone is another safety feature for eating + drinking in an RV. The Tiny Cup (for infants) and Mini Cup + Straw Training System (for older babies + toddlers) have a weighted base and tactile bumps to provide topple resistance and improved dexterity.
Do you travel in an RV? If so, what are some of your favorite products? Tag us in your RV pics if you are using ezpz or Ono products on your travel adventures! #ezpzfun
Dawn Winkelmann, M.S, CCC-SLP
Speech Language Pathologist & Feeding Specialist for ezpz
Dawn Winkelmann (M.S, CCC-SLP) is ezpz’s Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and Feeding Specialist. She has 26 years of experience teaching parents and medical professionals how to start babies on solids safely and encourage toddlers to overcome picky eating. In addition, “Ms. Dawn” is the designer of our award-winning Tiny Cup & Tiny Spoon (for infants) and the Mini Cup + Straw Training System & Mini Utensils (for toddlers).