Frequently Asked Questions
If we haven't answered your question below, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At ezpz we are focused on thoughtful, functional, quality design. As such, each product is designed by our Pediatric Feeding Specialist (M.S, CCC-SLP) for a specific phase of development. Learn more about why we are different, plus more on our in-house Pediatric Feeding Specialist + Product Designer here.
"ezpz understands the challenges parents face at mealtime, and we provide the tools to support a safe and positive feeding experience - from baby's first foods to feeding independence."
- Lindsey Laurain, ezpz Founder
ezpz's mat-based products, cups and Tiny Spoons are made from 100% food-safe silicone that is 3rd-party quality tested (FDA approved + CPSC certified).
Why is silicone so great?
- Microwave, dishwasher and oven safe (up to 350 degrees)
- Free of BPA, BPF, BPS, PVC, lead, cadmium and phthalates
- Non-porous surface helps inhibit bacterial growth
- Built to last; bendable and flexible and doesn't fade or corrode
- Made from the natural resources sand (silica) and carbon
- Soft, flexible texture protects baby's emerging teeth + tender gums (as compared to metal, glass or plastic)
ezpz's Mini and Happy Utensils are made from food-safe silicone and nylon. The sturdy nylon head helps your toddler / preschooler practice important skills like piercing, scooping, spreading and cutting. Like silicone, nylon doesn't contain any toxins including BPA, BPF, BPS, PVC, lead, cadmium and phthalates.
You can learn more about our ezpz's testing and compliance process here.
Good news! We have lots of resources to help you find the right product for your child. On our site, you can Shop by Age, view our Compare Chart and review Mealtime Milestones by Stage.
All of ezpz's mat-based products provide a stable base for your little one to practice fine motor skills like the pincer grasp and hand-to-mouth movements. The self-sealing mat also helps infants, toddlers and preschoolers work on utensil skills such as dipping, scooping, piercing and cutting. Here is the volume + age recommendation by product:
Tiny Bowl - 5 oz (4+ months)
Mini Mat - 2 oz, 2 oz, 4 oz (6+ months), Mini Bowl - 8 oz (12+ months)
Happy Mat - 4 oz, 4 oz, 10 oz (24+ months), Happy Bowl - 12 oz (24+ months)
All of ezpz's mealtime accessories are based on developmental stages. Guidelines are below:
Tiny Spoon - helps infants to practice the self-feeding skills of dipping and scooping (4+ months)
Tiny Cup - helps infants transition from bottle to cup and/or introduce open cup drinking (4+ months)
Mini Utensils - helps toddler learn how to eat with a spoon (scoop) and fork (pierce) (12+ months)
Mini Cup + Straw - teaches toddlers to drink more ounces from an open cup and safely learn to use a straw (9+ months)
There are a few developmental tips to consider when choosing between a sippy cup vs. a straw cup.
- A straw cup improves lip rounding, which is an essential movement for drinking and swallowing (and also for speech and language development). ezpz's straw has sensory bumps on the ‘training side’ of the straw to provide tactile input to help children understand (and feel) precisely where their lips need to be.
- Straw cups improve tongue elevation and oral motor coordination. These movements help to improve your child’s swallowing skills and promote an appropriate resting position of the tongue.
- The Mini Cup + Straw Training System keeps the lips toward the front of the straw to protect teeth alignment. Proper lip placement on a straw will decrease tongue suckling and avoid any pressure that could negatively impact teeth development.
In summary, ezpz's straw cups can help improve your child’s development, whereas a sippy cup may delay development. Learn more on our blog here.
Yes, we are the original and you can read our story here. ezpz's patented Happy Mat was designed by ezpz’s founder, Lindsey Laurain. As we have expanded our portfolio, the design process has incorporated our in-house Pediatric Feeding Specialist, rigorous testing and a commitment to creating all types of gear that will help your little one achieve mealtime milestones.
Yes! As long as air can't get underneath the mat, all ezpz mats are self-sealing and cannot be released by pulling on the plate or bowl. This includes wood, laminate, stone and glass surfaces.
Important note - if you have a tiled or wood surface that has holes, divots or fractures the seal will not work as well. Also, it is critical that the back of the mat is clean and free of lint and dust. To release the mat, simply peel the outer edge.
All of our mat dimensions are detailed below. We recommend taking measurements of your tray prior to placing your order.
At 9" wide and 6.5" tall, the Tiny Bowl is designed to fit on the tiniest of highchair trays, including the Stokke Tripp Trapp and Boon Flair trays.
At 10.75" wide and 7.75" tall the Mini Mat is designed to fit on most highchair trays (even 'space saver' models). The Mini Mat does not fit on the following highchair trays: the Stokke Tripp Trapp, the Boon Flair, the Nuna Zaaz, the Keekaroo, the Ingenuity ChairMate (Easton), the Safety 1st Beaumont, and the Abiie Beyond Wooden Highchair. The high-gloss finish of the Oxo Sprout Highchair hinders the Mini Mat's suction feature.
At 8.5" wide and 7" tall, the Mini Bowl is designed to fit on most highchair trays (even 'space saver' models). The Mini Bowl does not fit on the Stokke Tripp Trapp or the Boon Flair tray.
At 14" wide and 9" tall the Happy Mat does not fit on most highchair trays. We recommend removing the tray and pushing your highchair up to the table so the whole family can enjoy mealtime together.
At 10.25" wide and 8.75" tall the Happy Bowl will most likely fit on your highchair tray. If you have a 'space saver' model the Happy Bowl will not fit.
Yes! ezpz now offers a Tiny Bowl Lid, Mini Bowl Lid and Mini Mat Lid. We recommend using these lids to store snacks, leftovers and meals on-the-go. To avoid leakage while traveling, make sure to place the mat + lid upright (not sideways).
We know that lost straws happen, and we have created the Mini Straw Replacement Pack. With replacement straws you can do less washing. Plus, you won't have to stress about misplacing (or losing) a straw!
Note - we also offer Straw Cleaners as an easy add on purchase.
Sure; we are happy to help. Please reach out to us with your request at email@example.com.
All of ezpz's mat-based products are dishwasher, microwave and oven-safe (up to 350 degrees). ezpz cups and utensils are dishwasher-safe (only).
*Note - please do not boil, sanitize or microwave any of ezpz's utensils.
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your ezpz items! All of our products are tested by an independent 3rd party laboratory and comply with all applicable CPSC and FDA regulations and standards (including dishwasher safety). That said; we have heard about this issue and have the following recommendations:
- Clean your item(s) with warm, soapy water instead of the dishwasher; we recommend using unscented, non-oily soaps and detergents. Dish soaps that contain essential oils, antibacterial agents and moisturizers stick to silicone and can leave a soapy after-taste.
- Use the steam and dry settings on your dishwasher and ensure that there is enough distance between the item(s). Space will allow the dishwasher to clean the detergent thoroughly.
- Use gel pods or liquid dish detergent over powder. Also consider adding white vinegar or a non-toxic rinse aid to your wash cycle to reduce mineral build-up.
- For soap residue or water spots (which are most likely mineral deposits from hard water), you can wipe or soak the item(s) with white vinegar and baking soda (1:2 ratio).
- Baking the mat at 275 degrees for about 45 minutes may also help inactivate the soap esters causing the smell. Note - this recommendation is only for mats; smaller items (cups, utensils, etc.) should not be placed in the oven.
If you are still having issues please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, we have a few items for mealtime clean-up (plus more on the way!).
- The Mushroom Sponge is a hypo-allergenic, odor-resistant sponge that is perfect for washing ezpz products, dishes, cookware and feeding gear.
- The Drying Rack was designed to help dry + store all of your essential baby / toddler gear. The chic design can be proudly displayed on your counter!
- The BapronBaby® Splash Mat is a lightweight, waterproof mat that is 45 inches in diameter and designed to catch splashes and spills.
You can learn more about how ezpz makes clean-up, well, ezpz here.
ezpz products are offered at buybuyBaby, Target, Nordstrom, Crate&kids, Pottery Barn Kids and Meijer. Our products are available for online baby registries at Babylist, MyRegistry and Amazon.
Want to shop small / local? Find a retailer near you on our store locator page.
We do not ship internationally from ezpzfun.com, but we have distribution partners in many countries. Click here to view our international retailers and distributors.
No problem at all - we all make mistakes! Email email@example.com and we can help.
We want you to be happy! We will gladly provide a refund for unused products returned within 30 days of purchase. We are unable to accept returned items that have been used. If you need to return your mat(s) please visit shipping & returns. You will be given step-by-step instructions on the return process.
Are you concerned that your product is working correctly? We're sorry to hear that. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to make it right!
It's super simple! First, create an account to join the Rewards Program. From there, you will earn points every time you shop. One point earned for every dollar spent, i.e., 10 points = $1 off your next purchase.
Once you have enough points to redeem, you will receive an email from ezpz letting you know that they are ready. Login to your account at ezpzfun.com, then fill your cart with product and proceed to checkout. At checkout, you'll see the points redemption slider. You can choose how many points you'd like to redeem for your current purchase.
If you don't see the points redemption slider, you may be using Shop Pay or another accelerated checkout method. To apply points with an accelerated checkout, choose the 'Checkout as a Guest' option, then return to our traditional checkout screen. From there, you can apply your reward points. Complete your order by logging back in to Shop Pay / Apple Pay.
Still can't figure it out? Reach out to email@example.com and we'll do our best to help.
When checking out with Shop Pay, you now have the option to pay now or later. Paying in installments on Shop Pay allows you to split your purchase amount into 4 equal, biweekly installment payments - with 0% interest, no hidden or late fees, and no impact on your credit score.*
In some instances, your first payment is due when you make your purchase; otherwise, your first payment is due 2 weeks after your purchase.
*Payment options are offered by Affirm and are subject to eligibility check and may not be available in all states. California residents: Affirm Loan Services, LLC is licensed by the Department of Business Oversight. Loans are made or arranged pursuant to California Financing Law license 60DBO-111681.
No, if you choose to pay in installments through Shop Pay there won't be an impact to your credit score. Affirm will not report Shop Pay installments to credit bureaus.
Shop Pay accepts all debit and credit cards.
No, there are no late fees if you miss a scheduled payment.
If we process a refund, the refunded amount will be returned to your original payment method within 3-10 business days, and your balance will be updated. If your refund is less than your total purchase balance, it might not lower your next payment. Instead, you can expect fewer payments, a smaller final payment, or both. If your refund is more than your purchase balance, the difference will be returned to your original payment method within 3-10 business days.
For questions about installment payments on Shop Pay, visit shop.affirm.com/help. For questions about Shop Pay or the Shop App, visit shop.app/help/shop-pay.