5 Hacks for Using Reusable Paper Towels
Have you been curious about trying reusable paper towels, but you’re not sure how or when to use them? Our ezpz Reusable Paper Towels + Adhesive Hook are convenient, super absorbent and stylish too! Here are a few hacks for using reusable paper towels that might inspire you to give them a try.
Fruit and Veggie Hacks: When washing fruits or vegetables, I use the Mushroom Sponge to scrub off any debris, and then dry it with a Reusable Paper Towel. Then, as I’m slicing the fruits or veggies on a cutting board, I place the towel next to the board to collect any liquid running off (which helps keep my counters squeaky clean). Score! Here are a few additional tips for using Reusable Paper Towels with fruits and veggies:
- Place a towel in the salad spinner to collect even more water! I do a lot of meal planning that includes salads and lettuce wraps, and this tip makes our greens perfectly crisp!
- When storing produce, place a reusable paper towel inside your storage container. This helps to collect the moisture, which makes your fruit and greens (lettuce, kale, spinach) last longer.
Cooking + Meal Prep Hacks: Place an ezpz Reusable Paper Towel in your child’s lunchbox for them to use as their napkin. This helps to keep your child’s shirt clean while at school, and it is a great way to encourage your child to be more independent with cleaning their own crumbs and spills! Here are other ways to help you with cooking and meal prep:
- Have a child that hates mushy sandwiches? Place the towel under the sandwich to absorb any wetness. This has been a huge success with some of my picky eaters!
- Place a towel under your child’s cup as a coaster to collect drops of liquids when they are drinking smoothies, milk, juice, water, etc.
- After you drain your pasta water, place a towel in the strainer to collect any additional water. This is a fantastic picky eater tip, especially if your child only prefers dry pasta with butter.
- Use a towel as an oven mitt, potholder or spoon rest while you are cooking.
Cleaning Hacks: Team ezpz loves our Reusable Paper Towels for a variety of household tasks. Not only are they super absorbent and cute, they can replace up to 15 rolls of standard paper towels! To clean them, just pop them in the washing machine and hang to dry. Here are a few ways we use them in our households:
- Place the adhesive hook and towel in your kitchen so it is easy to access. This will help you reach for a reusable towel instead of a paper towel or baby wipe. Good for your kitchen and the planet! Bonus tip – our Reusable Paper Towels don’t leave streaks on counters or kitchen appliances.
- Try hanging a towel in your kid’s bathroom as an easy way to clean up water, toothpaste and soap that accumulates around the sink. Then hang it back up to dry on the hook.
- Put a hook and towel in your laundry room. This is perfect for wiping down a front load washing machine door (to help decrease mold) or clean up spilled detergent.
- Place a towel near your pet’s water dish to clean up any dribbled water.
We hope some of these ideas encourage you to give our reusable towels a try! Share your towel hacks with us by tagging us in your pics with the hashtag #ezpzfun.
Dawn Winkelmann (M.S, CCC-SLP) is ezpz’s Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and Feeding Specialist. She has 28 years of experience teaching parents and medical professionals how to start babies on solids safely and encourage toddlers to overcome picky eating tendencies. In addition, “Ms. Dawn” is the designer of our award-winning feeding products.