Do ezpz mats fit on highchair trays?
As with all developmental milestones, ages are approximate and vary with each child. But most babies are ready to start solids at six months of age. Ideally you have your highchair and feeding gear purchased, assembled and cleaned two months prior. This gives you (and your baby) eight weeks to explore, play and get familiar with the products before you add food and liquids into the mix. Here is a list of the four most popular highchairs our community uses and the ezpz feeding products that fit on them.
Ikea Antilop: This highchair is a great choice for cost savings, especially when you must purchase multiple highchairs for your house, grandma’s house, etc. It is super easy to clean and, due to the lightweight materials, is extremely portable. It has a large tray that supports baby’s posture development, while also allowing them to use their elbows correctly during mealtime. However, it should be noted that this highchair does not have a stable footrest (which is important for a properly supported feeding position). The ezpz bowls, plates and mats that fit this highchair are:
- Tiny Placemat: This is a non-slip, silicone placemat that fits on most highchair trays and tables. The placemat comes with a silicone travel band, which allows you to roll-up the mat and use it on the go!
- Tiny Bowl: The 5oz bowl is perfect for first foods, such as purees, yogurt and baby cereal, and also supports the baby-led weaning (BLW) method of feeding.
- Mini Mat: The Mini Mat is an all-in-one placemat + plate that suctions to the highchair tray or table. The mat’s stable base reduces tipped plates and helps infants and toddlers learn to self-feed.
- Mini Bowl: The suction feature of the larger 8oz Mini Bowl helps little ones to eat independently (+ less mess for parents).
Nomi: This is my favorite highchair, as it is lightweight, has the best foot support and is easily adjustable by simply turning a knob (no tools needed). Foot positioning is critical for establishing a safe swallow and can help decrease choking risk. The ezpz bowls, plates and mats that fit this highchair are the:
- Tiny Bowl: The Tiny Bowl comes in our First Foods Set, which provides parents with the developmental tools needed to set baby up for mealtime success.
- Mini Mat: Our Mini Feeding Set includes the Mini Mat as well as the Mini Spoon and Mini Fork.
- Mini Bowl: The ezpz Mini Bowl is designed for infants and toddlers for both mealtime and snack time.
Stokke Steps: This highchair has an adjustable back for optimal ergonomics and a tray that is easy to remove. But the tray has a textured finish, so you must make sure the bottom of your ezpz product is clean to ensure proper suctioning. The ezpz bowls, plates and mats that fit this highchair are the:
- Tiny Placemat: Can be used on the highchair tray for both mealtime and sensory play since it easily grips to the surface.
- Tiny Bowl: The smaller 5oz bowl provides a more appropriate portion size for baby and promotes mealtime independence.
- Mini Mat: The all-in-one placemat + plate has a silicone lip that bends making it easy for baby to self-feed using the BLW method.
- Mini Bowl: The larger 8oz bowl helps little ones eat bigger portions while having a more stable base when eating.
Stokke Tripp Trapp: This highchair is made of wood and is long lasting. Personally, I’ve had my Tripp Trapp for almost 20 years, and I have used it with over 5,000 children in feeding therapy! However, while it is worth the investment, this highchair requires tools, time and patience to make the posture adjustments as your child grows. The ezpz bowl that fits this highchair is the:
- Tiny Bowl: If you want to avoid the mess during mealtime, don’t serve food directly onto the Tripp Trapp highchair tray. The tray was designed to be removed toward your child, not away from them. This means that all the food, liquids and saliva that is on the tray will fall onto your child’s lap when you remove the tray. Instead, place the ezpz Tiny Bowl on the tray and the bowl + placemat will capture the mealtime mess. When you want to get your baby out of the highchair, simply remove the Tiny Bowl and pull off the tray.
ezpz bowls, plates and mats come in a variety of colors so you can easily match your feeding gear with your highchair decor! Which ezpz products do you use with your highchair? Get our attention by tagging us in your mealtime pics with our hashtag #ezpzfun.
Dawn Winkelmann (M.S, CCC-SLP) is ezpz’s Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and Feeding Specialist. She has 28 years of experience teaching parents and medical professionals how to start babies on solids safely and encourage toddlers to overcome picky eating tendencies. In addition, “Ms. Dawn” is the designer of our award-winning feeding products.