Whether you are eating at home, a restaurant or heading out on a trip, having a mealtime plan is critical for any parent. And the plan not only consists of preparing for the meal, but also preparing for the dreaded cleanup afterwards. On this blog I’m sharing some new products and mealtime tips that should make post-meal cleaning ezpz.
Mealtime Mess: Kids tend to accidentally knock over bowls and plates because they have difficulties knowing where their body is in space. Until they advance in their feeding skills, you can reduce the mealtime mess by using our mat-based products.
- Plates: The ezpz Mini Mat (for infants + toddlers) and Happy Mat (for older toddlers + preschoolers) are all-in-one placemat + plates that suction to the table, which means they capture the mess and reduce tipped plates. The compact Mini Mat is a perfect on-the-go solution for meals out and travel. The larger Happy Mat is your answer for stay-at-home meals with a smile!
- Bowls: The ezpz Tiny Bowl (for infants), Mini Bowl (for toddlers) and Happy Bowl (for older toddlers + preschoolers) also suction to the table. The stable base helps with the mess and promotes self-feeding + utensil use. The Tiny and Mini Bowls are great travel gear and the Happy Bowl is your quick fix for cereal, pasta or snacks while at home.
On-The-Go: When considering dining out of the home, it can help to have a solution to take food with you and bring leftovers back home.
- Lids: Our most recent product launch, ezpz Lids, make storing snacks, leftovers or meals on-the-go quick and simple. We have three lids available, including the Tiny Bowl Lid, Mini Mat Lid and Mini Bowl Lid. Important note - to avoid leakage while traveling, be sure to place the mat + lid upright (not sideways).
- Wet Bags: Did you know that all of our smaller footprint mats come packaged in a convenient, see-through wet bag? These bags are a sanity savior for storing your clean (or messy) feeding gear!
Washing Dishes: It doesn't matter if you hand wash your dishes or throw them in the dishwasher, we all need a few tips to make it as stress-free as possible.
- Pre-Wash or Hand Wash: Traditional sponges are breeding grounds for bacteria because they are moist, have deep pores and contain particles of food that decompose. A safer solution for your child’s feeding gear is switching to the ezpz Mushroom Sponge.
The mushroom sponge is made of 100% food grade silicone, which has a non-porous surface to inhibit bacterial growth. The head of the sponge features small bristles to scrub away food and debris (but won’t scratch surfaces). The head is also flexible and bends to fit in tight spaces, which helps with washing all ezpz products + dishes, cookware and other feeding gear. Finally, the mushroom sponge has a sturdy handle and suction base that keeps it in place after use. Wowza!
Dishwasher: All of ezpz’s plates, bowls, cups, utensils, play mats (and even the mushroom sponge) are dishwasher safe. Score! Although a dishwasher is a lifesaver, it can occasionally leave water spots. We recommend using the steam and dry settings on your dishwasher and maintaining distance between the mat(s) and other dishes. If you still are having issues with spots, you can wipe the mat with a wet washcloth or white vinegar.
We hope you find these new products and tips helpful. Mealtime is always more enjoyable when cleanup is... ezpz! #ezpzfun #makingmealtimeezpz
Dawn Winkelmann, M.S, CCC-SLP
Speech Language Pathologist & Feeding Specialist for ezpz
Dawn Winkelmann (M.S, CCC-SLP) is ezpz’s Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and Feeding Specialist. She has 26 years of experience teaching parents and medical professionals how to start babies on solids safely and encourage toddlers to overcome picky eating. In addition, “Ms. Dawn” is the designer of our award-winning Tiny Cup & Tiny Spoon (for infants) and the Mini Cup + Straw Training System & Mini Utensils (for toddlers).