Whether you are eating at home, a restaurant or heading out on a trip, having a mealtime plan is critical for any parent. And the plan not only consists of meal prep, but also preparing for the dreaded cleanup afterwards. On this blog I’m sharing some new products and tips that should make post-meal cleaning ezpz.
Mealtime Mess: Kids tend to accidentally knock over bowls and plates because they have difficulties knowing where their body is in space. Until they advance in their feeding skills, you can reduce the mealtime mess by using our mat-based products.
- Plates: The ezpz Mini Mat (for infants + toddlers) and Happy Mat (for older toddlers + preschoolers) are all-in-one placemat + plates that suction to the table, which means they capture the mess and reduce tipped plates. The compact Mini Mat is a perfect on-the-go solution for meals out and travel. The larger Happy Mat is your answer for stay-at-home meals with a smile!
- Bowls: The ezpz Tiny Bowl (for infants), Mini Bowl (for toddlers) and Happy Bowl (for older toddlers + preschoolers) also suction to the table. The stable base helps with the mess and promotes self-feeding + utensil use. The Tiny and Mini Bowls are great travel gear and the Happy Bowl is your quick fix for cereal, pasta or snacks at home.
On-The-Go: When considering dining out, it can help to have a solution to take food with you (+ bring leftovers back home).
- Lids: ezpz Lids make storing snacks, leftovers or meals on-the-go quick and simple. We have three lids available, including the Tiny Bowl Lid, Mini Mat Lid and Mini Bowl Lid. Important note - to avoid leakage while traveling, be sure to place the mat + lid upright (not sideways).
- Wet Bags: Did you know that all of our smaller footprint mats come packaged in a convenient, see-through wet bag? These bags are a sanity savior for storing your clean (or messy) feeding gear!
Hand Washing Dishes: If you hand-wash some or all of your child's feeding gear, ezpz provides cleaning solutions!
- Mushroom Sponge: Traditional sponges are breeding grounds for bacteria, as they are moist, have deep pores and contain particles of food that decompose. The ezpz mushroom sponge is made of 100% food grade silicone, which has a non-porous surface that inhibits bacterial growth. The head of the sponge features small bristles to scrub away food and debris (but won’t scratch surfaces). The head is also flexible and bends to fit in tight spaces, which helps to wash all ezpz products + dishes, cookware and other feeding gear. Finally, the Mushroom Sponge has a sturdy handle and suction base that keeps it in place after use. Wowza!
- Bottle Brush: Washing bottles and/or milk storage bags is a necessary part of the feeding and cleaning process. To make this process a little easier, the ezpz Bottle Brush was designed to clean those items, as well as water bottles, cups and cookware! The long handle reaches the bottom of the bottle and is easy to grip. And due to the silicone material, the Bottle Brush is hypo-allergenic, odor-resistant and suctions to your sink when not in use!
- Drying Rack: The ezpz Drying Rack was designed to help dry and store all of your essential baby / toddler gear – including ezpz products! The pegs of the Drying Rack are customizable to suit your daily drying needs (i.e., you can move pegs to accommodate ezpz mats, bottles, etc.). The nubbins on the mat can be used to place objects that get lost easily, such as utensils, cups, straws and lids. The mat's raised edge catches water and the base suctions to the counter to keep the rack securely in place. Score! And it’s big enough to handle your feeding gear but small enough to easily store when not in use.
- Peg Replacement Pack: The ezpz Drying Rack includes one drying mat and four pegs that easily hold mats, bottles and more. But if you need a few more pegs to hold your feeding gear essentials, we sell additional pegs in 2-packs. More pegs can be extremely helpful as you transition from cleaning breast pump and pacifier gear to cups, spoons, bowls and plates.
Dishwasher: All of ezpz’s mats, bowls, cups, utensils and cleaning gear are dishwasher safe. Although a dishwasher is a lifesaver, it can occasionally leave water spots. We recommend using the steam and dry settings on your dishwasher and maintaining distance between the mat(s) and other dishes. If you still are having issues with spots, you can wipe the mat with a wet washcloth or white vinegar.
We hope you find these new products and tips helpful. Mealtime is always more enjoyable when cleanup is... ezpz! #ezpzfun #makingmealtimeezpz
Dawn Winkelmann (M.S, CCC-SLP) is ezpz’s Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and Feeding Specialist. She has 26 years of experience teaching parents and medical professionals how to start babies on solids safely and encourage toddlers to overcome picky eating. In addition, “Ms. Dawn” is the designer of our award-winning Tiny Cup & Tiny Spoon (for infants) and the Mini Cup + Straw Training System & Mini Utensils (for toddlers).