Here are some tips and tricks for cleaning your ezpz products! All of our products are tested by an independent 3rd party laboratory and comply with all applicable CPSC and FDA regulations and standards (including dishwasher safety). Here are some recommendations for keeping your ezpz products good as new:
- Clean your item(s) with warm, soapy water instead of the dishwasher; we recommend using unscented, non-oily soaps and detergents. Dish soaps that contain essential oils, antibacterial agents and moisturizers stick to silicone and can leave a soapy after-taste.
- Use the steam and dry settings on your dishwasher and ensure that there is enough distance between the item(s). Space will allow the dishwasher to clean the detergent thoroughly.
- Use gel pods or liquid dish detergent over powder. Also consider adding white vinegar or a non-toxic rinse aid to your wash cycle to reduce mineral build-up.
- For soap residue or water spots (which are most likely mineral deposits from hard water), you can wipe or soak the item(s) with white vinegar and baking soda (1:2 ratio).
- Baking the mat at 275 degrees for about 45 minutes may also help inactivate the soap esters causing the smell. Note - this recommendation is only for mats; smaller items (cups, utensils, etc.) should not be placed in the oven.
If you are still having issues please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy mealtime!